Sunday, March 11, 2007

The End

Well folks that about sums it up for my subcultures blog. Its been a wild ride and I hope everyone has learned as much as I have about different subcultures formed within our mainstream society. I have discovered through my postings that even though the people involved in the various subcultures I have been discussing vary greatly, there is a common feature between all of them. In my research I have discovered that subculture groups are composed of a group of people coming together with a common cause and interest in mind. Relating this back to my first post on the defining features of a subculture, the people deeply involved in their subculture make the subculture a part of their identity by committing many aspects of their life to their cause. I think this is a wonderful aspect of subcultures, by uniting together for a cause the people involved may be outside mainstream society, but they will always be included with people inside their own group. Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments: